Our first CFAC app is now LIVE and ready for your FREE download!
Be part of the 2014 Canada Day Challenge!
Check out our ” BLOG” to see a new list of CIOFF Festivals this summer your group could participate in!
Folk Art Exhibit
2014-2015 Art Exhibits application form is now available on the Toronto Public Library website.
Please click on the attached link and apply.
Art Exhibits Office, Toronto Public Library
40 Orchard View Blvd., Toronto, Ont. M4R 1B9
Telephone No. 416-393-7224
CFAC MEMBER UPCOMING PERFORMANCES
Esmeralda Enrique Spanish Dance Company
- January 19, 2014, 4:35 PM - Esmeralda Enrique Spanish Dance Company at Dance Ontario DanceWeekend
- January 25 - The Unbroken Spirit, a Gestalt/Flamenco workshop
- April 24-27, 2014 - EESDC presents De Idas y Vueltas – Fleck Dance Theatre
Tickets on Sale Here
Academy of Serbian Folk Dance
Dance Ontario’s Dance Weekend takes place annually at the Fleck Dance Theatre, Harbourfront, and features an incredible line-up of dance artists over three days.
In 2014 DanceWeekend will run Friday 17 January from 7:00pm – 9:30 pm, Saturday 18 January from 1:00 – 6:30 pm and Sunday 19 January from 1:00pm – 6:00 pm.
Commissions artists are Malgorzata Nowacka with MOTUS O Dance Theatre’s James Croker & Jack Langenhuizen and Natasha Powell.
APPLICATIONS FOR D: MIC/FAC 2015 ARE NOW OPEN
FESTIVAL DATES: August 11-17, 2015
d:mic/fac presents both new and existing works by established and emerging choreographers working in Canada, at the Betty Oliphant Theatre in Toronto. Programming will be divided into two categories: Mainstage, curated by three artists from Canada’s dance community, including Yvonne Ng, and What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) a lottery-based late night presentation. Choreographers may apply for either a Mainstage presentation, a WYSIWYG presentation or both.
Founded in 2000 by Yvonne Ng, with Co-Festival Directors, Janelle Rainville and Jeff Morris, under the umbrella of princess productions, TEN festivals of dance: made in canada/fait au canada (d:mic/fac) have been produced.
WHAT THEY PROVIDE
d:mic/fac will provide festival publicity, festival marketing, a festival production team, venue and other support for applicants selected by the curators for presentation. Mainstage choreographers will receive a fee for their work, while WYSIWYG choreographers will receive an honorarium.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5PM
Applications are now available online. For full guidelines click HERE.
Video of our latest Multicultural Canada Day Celebration on July 1st, 2013
Multicultural Canada Day Celebration
July 1, 2013
12pm – 9pm
Yonge Dundas Square
Canada Day Sponsors:
OMNI Television – Title Media Sponsor
Canadian Heritage – Sponsor
City of Toronto – Sponsor
TTC – Partner
Upcoming CFAC member group activities:
To all CFAC members, I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and to also remind you that you are required to pay your annual CFAC membership dues at the beginning of the year (January 2013) .
Here is a link to download the membership form. Please fill it in, and post it in the mail addressed to 173B Front Street, with your membership cheque asap!
The Community Folk Art Council of Toronto Mission:
To promote the preservation, development and advancement of the cultural and artistic heritage of the people of Toronto
The Community Folk Art Council of Toronto runs five main programs that fulfill its mission:
- Multicultural Canada Day Festival is hailed as the largest multicultural Canada Day festival in Toronto. Held annually at Yonge Dundas Square with over 50,000 in audience attendance; the CFAC showcases the food, song and dance of the diverse ethnic communities that make up Toronto.
- The Stage for Learning Diversity in your Community is an educational program that brings multicultural Educators and teachers, entertainers, artisans and storytellers to classrooms and community centres throughout Toronto.
- Celebrating Christmas Around the World is an annual festival held at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga. CFAC members celebrate and display ethnic Christmas Trees, and celebrate Santa’s Around the world in a parade through the mall.
- Toronto Christmas Market, an annual festival that takes place at Toronto Historic Distillery District. Our CFAC member groups perform at this festival annually.
- CFAC Membership Groups; a full-service entertainment booking agency that represents multicultural and contemporary performers, plans special events, conventions and so much more.
The Community Folk Art Council of Toronto invites you to enjoy the performing arts, visual arts, crafts, dancing, information and foods representing cultures from around the globe.
Funded on Local and Federal levels:
Our Resource Centre:
The CFAC also acts as a resource centre for our member groups. We have a documentation centre and office staff experienced in dealing with the issues faced by members. We organize workshops to assist our groups develop various skills and expertise.We help with providing contacts and intervene in setting up networks among the various member groups. We keep abreast of the many issues which affect our members and ensure their best interests are represented in all cases. We also provide marketing and publicity assistance to groups looking for help in promoting local events.